- Volunteer Program
- About the Program
Learn About the Murrysville Volunteer Program
Mission & Vision
- To increase volunteer awareness and engagement in both community and municipal roles
Our Initial Goals
- Raise community awareness and recognize needs for community volunteering
- Streamline existing volunteer efforts to increase volunteer participation
- Serve as a conduit for residents who are interested in volunteering
- Enhance relationship between local service organizations and the Municipality
- Increase knowledge of Municipal operations and volunteer opportunities
Emphasize and reinforce how volunteers can get involved and where to get engaged…how to make a difference…with the end goal to establish a broader and more effective level of volunteer participation in the community, while improving the service level of volunteer organizations.
To establish a robust volunteer matchmaking program that will impact our community in significant, positive ways by meeting needs and improving our quality of life.
- Fostering a sense of community belonging
- Enriching people's lives through service
- Promoting volunteering to volunteers of all ages from youth to seniors
- Developing fiscally responsible opportunities for enhancing the community's quality of life
- Engaging residents in city government to build relationships and leadership
Some volunteer opportunities will require clearances. Please check with your organization of choice to understand their requirements. To volunteer with the Municipality's recreation programs or volunteer fire departments, you must have your Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check clearance, Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance, and FBI fingerprinting (or waiver, if you've lived in Pennsylvania continuously for the last ten years). The first two clearances are free, the FBI fingerprinting is not.
Please be advised that all information provided is public information and can be reviewed by the public as set forth in the Freedom of Information Act and the Pennsylvania Right to Know Law.
Municipal Boards, Commissions, and Committees
To volunteer for one of the Boards, Commissions, or Committees, please complete the Volunteer Application Form (PDF).
Tips for Volunteers Handbook
Check out this helpful guide on volunteering (PDF)!
Select a Cause
Please see the list of local volunteer organizations on the left menu and our Contact Us page to find the many volunteer opportunities available.
All About MVP
The Murrysville Comprehensive Plan recognized the benefits attributable to a system of volunteers, which have proven successful in many communities throughout the United States. The Plan recommended that Murrysville explore the feasibility and roles of the Municipality providing support within a community-wide integrated system of volunteers. Thus, efforts to study what other cities across the U.S. began and the basis for such a program in Murrysville was established. The Murrysville Volunteer Program as it stands today is only a starting point that our community will build upon, enhance and improve with time and experience.
"Be an MVP!"