The Murrysville Department of Engineering shall be responsible for engineering services to the Municipality.
The Engineering Department's responsibilities include:
- Prepare plans, specifications and estimates for the construction, remodeling or maintenance of municipal structures and facilities.
- Plan, develop and design, in conjunction with other municipal departments and commissions, parks and recreational facilities owned or acquired by the Municipality.
- Provide project management for construction projects undertaken by the Municipality.
- Review new subdivision plans for compliance with roadway construction, stormwater management and erosion control standards.
- Issue road occupancy permits and maintain Pennsylvania One Call Records.
- Supervise the engineering of construction projects undertaken by the Municipality.
- Advise all departments that require engineering services.