- Community Development
About the Department
The Department of Community Development shall be responsible for the administration and coordination of planning, zoning, subdivision, and land development in the Municipality.
Who do I contact?
*BEFORE CONTACTING THE DEPARTMENT, PLEASE CHECK BELOW TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE CONTACTING THE PERSON WHO CAN MOST EFFICIENTLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS.*
- Jim Morrison for questions concerning plan submission, processing, and review; fees associated with plan review; and Planning Commission and Council scheduling and information.
- David Jobe for questions concerning building, zoning, and land operation permits; the construction of new residential homes and commercial buildings; inspections; sewage taps; and addressing.
- Nick Ruffner for questions concerning zoning issues as they pertain to residential structures; residential code enforcement; and non-threatening neighborhood complaints.
If you have questions regarding county-level planning, please contact the Westmoreland County Planning Division at (724) 830-3600.
- Receive, review, and process all applications for subdivisions, site plans, zoning changes, grading permits, and environmental impact statements.
- Recommend to the Planning Commission additional requirements, terms and conditions ensuring effective community development, adequate density control, protection and preservation of the environment in general, and the accommodation of proposed projects to the physical configuration of the land.
- Make recommendations to the Chief Administrator concerning available federal and state funds for the Municipality in such areas as water, sewers, parks, recreation, and any other area affecting the growth of the Municipality.
- Inspect all new land developments in conjunction with the Director of the Department of Engineering, for interim and final inspection reports, notices of noncompliance and recommendations of performance surety release.
- Enforce subdivision, building, plumbing, heating, housing, demolition, and such other related structural and land use codes as may be enacted by law or ordinance.